Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Afternoon Project



So today I went to Michaels in search of a fall-type wreath to put on our door and make our house look festive since I am totally stoked to be back in an area where we have all 4 seasons!! So I get there and even with their wreaths 40% off they are still way expencive! I was bummed for about 30 seconds 'till I realized that hey, I'm pretty crafty when I want to be...I'll make one! So with all their fall floral on sale and their grapevine wreath, I was able to put this together for under $10! Oh, the little scarecrow guy I got at JoAnn's, he was on-sale too though! I was so excited when I got it done, I actually like it better then the ones that were in the store! So now our house is welcoming fall and I didn't break our bank :).

7 comments:

Nicia said...

It looks great! And I'm sure you enjoy it much more because you took the time to make it yourself! Good work!

Hipple Family said...

Very cute, I am impressed. You and Nicia are making me jealous with all your "craftiness!!"

Crystal said...

very cute! it looks really great!

Shannon & Tyler said...

Love it! I am very impressed not only with your crafiness skills but with you keeping up your blog! Way to go Hol, love reading your updates!

kris said...

How cute!! I want one!

Liz Ann said...

Wow! That looks amazing. You did an excellent job.

Jayci said...

wow, holly! That is really cute, and looks very professional!! I'm impressed! you are crafty when you want to be. :)