Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cam's Halloween







Sorry it's been a while since I updated!! It's been kinda hectic lately, then I got a nasty cold-bug. I forgot how much it stinks to be sick while your pregnant...colds last FOREVER! Anyway, we took our little "giraffe" around the neighborhood for Halloween last week. Cam loved the lights and decorations and all the other kids running around. We have alot of great friends that live close so it was fun seeing everyone out and about and their kids all dressed up. Cam did pretty well, he mostly was interested in running around and looking at things rather then getting candy, but he got the hang of it. He figured out how to pick up the candy then put it in his pumpkin, it was pretty dang cute! The first picture is of our pumpkins that I finally carved the night before. I had forgotten what a project it is, not to mention, messy! I have to remember next year to prepare more so I don't make such a mess! Oh, and yes....that is a leash on Cam...although I have always been 'anti-leash' the kid is getting soooo fast! He just takes off! So I got a monkey backpack with a tail that you can hang onto to put on him when we go outside and espacially for my trip home at the end of the month. I just was worried about having him in a crowded airport by myself trying to keep him from running away. Cam actually likes it, and gets excited whenever he sees his "monkey" cause that means we're going outside. So as much as I hate to say it, yes, Cam wears a leash when we go for walks....

3 comments:

Shannon & Tyler said...

cute costume! Looks like he had fun! Glad to hear he likes going for walks with his leash! : )

Marie said...

Adorable costume!! I LOVE giraffes! As for the leash - I used to think only bad parents used them....then I had kids! While I haven't had to with the girls, I can TOTALLY understand why people do. My theory of all the "bad" parents who have little boys that climb all over everything, get into everything, and basically cause trouble also went out the door when I had a boy ;) All it takes is experiencing it for yourself to understand why parents do things the way they do. It's much better to be safe, on a leash, than hurt.

Hipple Family said...

I love the costume, he is adorbale! Hope you are doing well. Miss you guys!