Friday, October 3, 2008

Looking Good Lieutenant!

Dan with Colonel Fabian, his Deputy Director. Colonel Fabian was letting everyone present know what a steller job Dan is doing down at the Research Lab. :)
Standing at Attention
Our super awesome neighbor Seth Marek reading Dan the Oath of Office and making his promotion official.
The Pike Family
Last Friday Dan had his Promotion Ceremony where he officially pinned on his 1st Lieutenant rank. I copied the Oath of Office for all those non-military peeps who would like to know what is said when an Officer is promoted or sworn in.
I, [name], do solemnly swear, (or affirm,) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. (So help me God.)
It was a nice ceremony and Cam actually behaved through it all, dispite it being during his naptime. He's such a good little trooper!

3 comments:

Nicia said...

Congrats! Holly, you are gorgeous! You have such a beautiful family!!

Chelsea said...

I love how Dan is blushing in the picture where he's being told what a great job he's doing! Too funny!

Congrats LT Pike and Fam!

Jayci said...

congratulations! Mark will be happy for him when I tell him tonight.