Friday, February 3, 2012

Let them eat Cake!!

You may or may not know, but there's nothing I love more than making a fun Birthday cake, for example...I decided for Dan's 30th Birthday I would go out of my cake comfort zone and experiment with marshmallow fondant. It wasn't as dreamy and fun of an experience as I had hoped and will most likely stick to my Mother-in-law's amazing Buttercream Frosting recipe from now on, but it still turned out pretty cool. My hubby is a huge hockey fan and his favorite team is the Vancouver Canucks. So I made a hockey puck with their symbol for his cake. What'd ya think? :)



The kids loved "helping" Dan with the candles...look at the determination on Cam's face!!

Then I have a new friend here that's little girl was having a birthday and her Mom was really stressed about the cake, and the theme was Ducks, sooooo I offered to make the cake. This is what I came up with. :)Oh and I made some ducklings as well since it was a rather large gathering for the party. It was a fun little project.

No comments: