Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Holly takes a Time Out

This past weekend I was blessed with the oppertunity to attend Time Out for Women in Cincinnati. It was so great! If any of you live near a city that hosts one, I definatly reccomend going! I was able to spend time with my gal-pal Liz Carr, what an awesome time we had and I am so grateful for our friendship, I wish she wasn't moving in a couple months! Stinkin' Air force! But I was able to be so spiritually up-lifted by the speakers and beautiful music. The performers were Hilary Weeks and Jenny Oaks Baker, both are so talented and their music invited the spirit so well, it was great! Some of the gospel tid-bits I learned and brought back with me were:
"You haven't really learned something unless you've changed from it" ~Sheri Dew
"Nothing will quiet the spirit of a rightous woman."
"Obedience is not perfection, obedience is trying" ~Wendy Watson Nelson (wife of Russell M. Nelson)
"A stubborn child can turn into a rightous adult that won't succum to the world"~ Emily Watts
"Bring to the Lord your needs and he will take them, bless you, then give you sufficiant supply to meet your need and give you comfort."
"The highest form of worship is duplication." ~ S. Michael Wilcox
And the greatest thing I've heard in a while that really made me want to change is this:
"If you saw a mother treating her daughter the way you treat yourself, what would you think of her? How should a daughter who's deserving of such wonderful blessings be treated? Heavenly Father loves us like we love our children, unconditionally and fully. He gave us the oppertunity to be parents to see things from his perspective. He loved us even before we came to this Earth." ~ Kim Nelson
As I heard these things I realized that I do beat myself up alot that things aren't clean enough, the kids aren't as smart/well behaved/obiedient/etc. as other kids and it's by short-coming, I'm not keeping myself spiritual enough, and the list goes on, but after I heard Brother Nelson's talk, I realized that Heavenly Father loves me so much more then I give myself credit for and he doesn't see those things as short-comings. Instead he sees the things I am blessed with the ability to do and I should also. So here's to all you women and mother's out there...We are loved, and you are doing a fambulous job! Even if there is dishes in the sink, laundry in heeps and babies screaming, YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN, give your babies hugs and kisses and tell them and your hubby you love them and give yourself a hug also. That will please your Heavenly Father more then if you clean your whole house. I love this gospel and all the wonderful lessons I have been taught, I am so grateful for my family and the wonderful life I have been blessed with. Thank you all for being a part of it! :)

2 comments:

Jayci said...

amen to all of that. :) thanks for sharing. I've never been to one of these, I'm so glad you got to take advantage of it though. What a treat.

Anonymous said...

The temple is such a wonderful place! That picture of all of you dressed in white is amazing...I love how clean and pure it looks. Congrats guys, you will really see the blessings flow if you continue going to the temple!