Monday, March 9, 2009

Our New Arrival!

Freshly hatched

Loves and the Peanut





Proud Daddy

Allison Sarah Pike joined our family on February 27th, 2009 at 12:24 am, weighing in at 6 lbs,14oz and measuring 19.5 inches long. My labor was great, contractions started at 6 pm, went to the hospital at 8:30, and she was born 4 hours later...all natural again this time and I recovered really well and quick. Dan was also a great labor coach, I felt really blessed to have him there with me. Ally already is a great baby and her big brother absolutely adores her :). Dan and I are pretty fond of her too. I totally love having a little girl, she already is head to toe pink most days. Everyone is doing great, minus an eye infection with Ally that required a trip to the emergency room on Saturday...not fun! I'm hoping to be able to keep up with pictures and posts on here, but already I have my hands always full of little ones :).

12 comments:

Nicia said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I'm so glad to hear labor went well!

Marie said...

She is absolutely precious!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and am still bummed we won't be able to make it there for you in April. Darn deployment, I would much rather be there than having Peter leave for 4 months ;) So great to hear that you had a good labor again - you're a champ!!!

Shannon & Tyler said...

CONGRATS!
First off- you are the ONLY person I know that has ever had the word great and labor in the same sentance!! I am so jealous!!
She is a cutie! Hope her eye infection clears up quick!

Shannon

Crystal said...

congratulations! What a little cutie, I'm glad you're doing well!

Kathryn said...

Yay! Congratulations! Ally, is absolutely beautiful.

Hipple Family said...

Congrats! I bet it is fun to have one of each! What cute little ones you have!

Liz Ann said...

Congrats!!! She is a cutie patootie

The Great Hunt Family said...

yay for babies!! she is beautiful!! congrats, holly!! enjoy your girl!! and Cam too, of course!!

Jayci said...

she is PRECIOUS. I'm so happy for you guys.... SO wonderful! Dan does look very proud!

Julianne said...

So, how is it going with two? Don't you love bringing a new baby home to a sibling? I just love that! Brandon says to tell Dan hello.

Charity Brown said...

So cute! Congrats!!!

Amy said...

I don't know how I missed this post!

I changed my blog list to show titles, and I saw your title 'new arrival'...and I couldn't believe that I'm 2 months late in telling you congrats!

She is adorable! What a sweetie! How are things going for you and your fam?